Conferences & Workshops
APIDC Conference - July 28th, 2010
Pictured at left: Patty Kinaga, Nancy Foster, wife of Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster and Honorary Chair of APIDC Conference, Jean Lin.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Disability Employment Policy Listening Session, testimony by Jean Lin, Oakland, CA (2010)
- Chinatown Youth Center In-service Training by Daphne Kwok and Jean Lin, San Francisco, CA (2010)
- New York University Asian American Health Conference Presentation by Carolyn Leung, NY, NY (2009)
- American Public Health Association Conference Poster Presentations “Employment Barriers by API Workers with Disabilities: Results from Long Interview Data” by Peter Wong, Philadelphia, PA (2009)
- REACHing for Change: Redefining the Health Landscape for 2010 and Beyond Conference. Conference Workshop “How Does Disability Affect Employment Inequities for Asians & Pacific Islanders?” presented by Peter Wong, Long Beach, CA (2009)
- 2009 Hawaii Addictions Conference/AAPI Workgroup Scientific Conference, presenter, Peter Wong, Honolulu, HI (2009)
- API Community Leader Forum hosted by Protection Advocacy Inc. by Jean Lin, Fresno, CA (2009)
- Office of Minority Health’s Third National Leadership Summit on Eliminating Racial & Ethnic Disparities in Health Workshop Presentation by Daphne Kwok, Washington, DC (2009)
- Fourth Annual Ohio Asian American Health Conference Plenary Session by Carolyn Leung and Jean Lin, Cincinnati, OH (2009)
- National Institute of Health Summit Presentation “Addressing Disparities for Asians and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities: A Promising Practice Community/Regional-Level Intervention.” by Peter Wong, Washington, DC (2008)
- National Institute of Health Summit Panel Presentation “Understanding and Eliminating Health Disparities in Asian American populations” by Peter Wong, Washington, DC (2008)
- National Institute of Health Summit Poster Presentation “Asian and Pacific Islanders, Disabilities and Economic Health Disparities: Identifying the Causes of Severe Obstacles to Labor Market Participation” by Peter Wong and Lois Takahashi, Washington, DC (2008)
- Disability Rights Legal Center “Respectability” conference (2008)
"Perspectives of Asian/Pacific Islanders with Disabilities"
APIDC Presents Workshop at California Asian Pacific Islander Policy Summit (May 2, 2011)
- Peter Wong co-authored with UCLA Professor Lois Takahashi a chapter on APIs with disabilities and employment in “Asian American Communities and Health”, edited by the New York University School of Medicine (2009)
Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders
1 million - The estimated number of U.S. residents in July 2007 who said they were Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, either alone or in combination with one or more other races. This group comprised 0.3 percent of the total population.
Source: Population estimates, U.S. Census
Funding provided By